If you or someone you know has been considering creating a plan and you want to start reaching out to funeral homes in Royal Oak, MI, there are some essential things you want to keep in mind as you’re going through the process. We want you to be prepared, so this article will discuss some popular options individuals utilize at these events and other tasks to keep in mind to help you plan a genuinely thoughtful event.
Why is Pre-Planning Beneficial?
- It can help alleviate stress for friends and family members by ensuring that the plan is already in place, meaning they don’t have to decide about the services.
- It helps reduce the demand to come up with funding to pay for the funeral expenses
- It also offers the opportunity for the individual to create an event that is truly meaningful for them
- By prepaying for the event, it can help decrease the overall cost in the long run
What Details Will Be Included?
One of the first steps is to understand the budget for the event and begin picking details around that. There are several common popular choices that people will choose and depending on the kind of service that is scheduled, these can vary. A few examples are:
- Having a food and beverage service after the event
- Choosing the floral arrangements and decorations for the services
- Having live streaming of the services
- Creating a video memorial tribute to show during the event
- Scheduling a eulogy reading
- Choosing between cremation, burial, or both
- Involving clergy members in the event
- Picking out the casket, plot, liner, and headstone
- Choosing an urn
These are just a few of the ideas, and if you need additional help with the services, it is recommended to reach out to a chosen funeral home. There are a few questions you can ask them to ensure they will meet your needs, and here are a few examples.
- Do you have a transparent pricing list?
- Are you willing to accommodate any religious or cultural traditions?
- Is the facility large enough to accommodate the level of attendees?
- Do they outsource to any other companies for services?
- What levels of support do they offer?
- How long have they been in business?
One of the last and most important parts of the planning is to make sure that any appropriate paperwork that might be needed is available, and this can include:
- Last will and testaments
- Titles for vessels or vehicles
- Insurance information and documentation
- Stocks and bonds certificates
- Standard bills such as utilities, credit cards, gym memberships
- Any prearranged contracts
- Business information
- Personal accounts such as checking or savings
Trusted and Community Focused
There is no doubt that planning can be a complicated process, and if you need to reach out to funeral homes in Royal Oak, MI, we are here to help. We are locally owned and have been in the business of helping our communities since 1906. We understand what it takes to create a truly thoughtful event, so contact us today if you have any questions or to schedule an appointment.